Osku – The Road Back to Work
Osku – The Road Back to Work is an online portal supporting those with partial work capacity. A person with partial work capacity have retained or regained part of their work capacity and are willing to make use of that capacity.
The tools set provided by the service is based on the concept national Programme for persons with partial work capacity (Osku). At the moment, the website is only available in Finnish. The website can be browsed for different methods to help in maintaining work capacity and support those with reduced work capacity. Osku Forum is a notice board and discussion forum for rehabilitation professionals to ask questions from colleagues, to share experiences and knowledge and to post job and training adverts.
The website is funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and is part of the Government Key Project Career opportunities for people with partial work ability. The Rehabilitation Foundation has created the service in collaboration with Vates Foundation and the Insurance Rehabilitation Association of Finland (VKK).
The following pages provide information on work ability in English:
- The website of the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health gives basic information on well-being at work and work ability:
- The Finnish Pension Alliance TELA website provides basic information on rehabilitation funded by employee pension insurance companies as well as their contact details
- Information on rehabilitation and benefits offered by KELA is provided on their website
- Information directed towards entrepreneurs is available on Yritys-Suomi website
Organisations, associations and other third-sector operators offer a wide range of services supporting their members’ work capacity and participation. These services include advice, peer support and activities enhancing work capacity and functional ability:
- The website of HUS provides contact details for patient associations